|Job Title||Accountant / Junior Accountant|
|Reports to||Finance Manager|
Onsite as Needed:
This position is Work From Home but reports to the office as needed. This position is expected to physically go to banks, other financial institutions, and regulatory bodies from time to time. We’re looking to speak to candidates who plan to be in Metro Manila.
About the Role
The Accountant/Junior Accountant is responsible for the overall administrative tasks of the Finance and Accounting team which includes cash management, collections, remittances, reporting, and the likes. The position is also involved in necessary audits and special projects that may be assigned to the department. Candidates with more experience may be considered for a more senior role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate online banking transactions for company disbursements
- Supplier payment processing and vendor management
- Update and monitor aging accounts receivables
- Process payments using the company credit card
- Handles disbursement and replenishment of petty cash funds.
- Facilitate the cash advances and liquidation of the employees
- Ensure the company’s compliance with prevalent tax regulations
- Reconciliation of accounts and resolve discrepancies and issues
- Assist in the creation of financial reports and provide analyses and input
- Partner with the wider operations team and business units to achieve company objectives
- All other related tasks, duties and special projects that may be assigned from time to time as directed by your immediate supervisor.
Continuous Learning and Other Areas
- Display an innovative attitude when accomplishing tasks and approaching goals
- Develop a close working relationship with the other team members
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability in the workplace
- Maintain a sense of honesty, integrity, and confidentiality in the conduct of responsibilities
- Proactively find ways to improve the efficiency of the team
- Commit to continuous learning and development
- Stay abreast of trends in accounting, audit, government laws and other related fields
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Numerical acumen
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Flexible to accept new assignments
- Willing to learn
For interested applicants, please send a copy of your comprehensive CV and cover letter to email@example.com