Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Consultant (Project-Based)
Duration of Engagement: 18 months
Department/Location: Manila, Philippines with possible travel/field work within the country
Reports to: Director for Advocacy Communications
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory requirements
Evident Strategic Research and Consulting, Inc. is looking for an experienced Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Consultant for an 18-month health project.
The objectives of the project are:
- Assess level of awareness, interest and potential engagement of stakeholders on a health insurance package provided to identified stakeholders;
- Develop and implement an SBCC mobilization plan to increase uptake in health insurance; and
- Document, monitor, evaluate, and provide recommendations on long-term availment of the health insurance package.
The SBCC Consultant will serve as lead technical specialist for successful implementation of the health project’s social marketing, behavior change and communication activities. They will provide technical expertise alongside Evident in the development and implementation of a communication and mobilization strategy that supports the client’s promotion of uptake in availment of a health insurance package.
- At least 10 to 15 years of specializing in and implementing social behavior change communication campaigns, social marketing, and strategic communications in the Philippines
- Experience in public health SBCC campaigns is preferred
- Knowledge in Communications, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Knowledge and Information Services, Health Sciences, or International Development
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to facilitate and conduct research and field work
- Has experience with the use of mass media and social networks to influence and gain public support, and the negotiation and formation of all alliances across interest groups
- Provide technical expertise to design, develop, implement, and monitor SBCC strategies and campaigns
- Ensure that all strategies and activities are informed by the latest, state-of-the-art social and behavior change theories and knowledge
- Provide critical SBCC inputs to ensure the effectivity and achievement of targets of program and communication objectives
- Guide the development of a communication monitoring, evaluation and learning design for the project
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of good working partnerships or relationships with the project’s stakeholders, including, but not limited to, local government and its respective officials, local partners, government agencies, hospitals, and caregivers
- Write technical documents required for the project, as needed
Bachelor’s degree and specialization in behavior change or health communications, social sciences, public health management, international development, or related fields
This document should not be misconstrued in any way as a contract or consultancy agreement.
For interested applicants, please send a copy of your comprehensive CV, and portfolio of similar projects to email@example.com.