Evident is a fast-growing integrated marketing and public relations agency that is looking for an ambitious and motivated leader to lead and grow its consumer and brand marketing practice. In addition to this practice area, the candidate will also have the opportunity to regularly work on social impact and advocacy communications projects.
At any given time, Evident maintains at the minimum a 70-30 split between corporate and NGO/advocacy clients.
The Director for Consumer and Brand Marketing is responsible for health and growth of account relationships. They are responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of relationships between Evident and clients, the quality of all deliverables and the integration of ideas and resources across functional groups. They oversee strategy and business development for each client. They draw on a wide range of client-specific experience to help create a big-picture perspective for clients’ traditional advertising and digital business efforts. Finally, the Director is responsible for defining an annual revenue target per their client roster and then work to successfully deliver the revenue figure.
- Responsible for the total revenue delivery and direct contribution of the accounts in his/her group
- Deliver the financial targets
- Deliver on New Business Targets
- Develop the yearly Client business plans and monthly reports for all key accounts under his / her portfolio
- Personnel and Training
- To ensure the development and appropriate training of personnel.
- Responsibilities for the identification and recruitment of personnel.
- Training and development of staff to undertake/support the services we provide
- Contribute actively to the management team and associated forums which add to the continued evolvement of the business.
Account Planner/Strategic Counsel
- Be the key strategy and Client relationship owner for his/her assigned Clients.
- Ultimate responsibility for Client satisfaction and overall quality of output of the agency
- Provide clients counsel in the development of successful customer management strategies
- General business planning and marketing strategy advice.
- Business Development (supporting the CEO)
- Independently and in partnership with the appropriate partners to develop, refine and implement the business development strategy
- To identify and develop new business opportunities
- To identify and deliver new business activities augment and/or expand Evident services.
- To develop pitch presentations and present our services to potential clients in a competitive context.
- Develop long-term business and grow Evident’s share of Client
- Oversee client service teams and assure delivery of assigned agency tasks.
- Maintain outstanding relationships with key senior Clients
- Ensure quality of services to clients
- Development of close working relationships with other team members
- Drive integrated opportunities and drive new business opportunities into other business units.
- 10 + years of increasing levels of responsibility and experience managing services and project related business; preferably with a combination of advertising, digital marketing, social media, branding
- Demonstrated understanding of FMCGs and consumer brands
- Must exemplify leadership and excellence in both client management and in new business development.
- Experience in traditional advertising and digital..
- Must have the ability to personally develop a strong external presence for the company.
- Experience managing large staff organizations with service and business development incentives.
- Thorough understanding of marketing new media techniques in digital and social, as well as an understanding of overall marketing strategy and integrated communications.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and motivate a team and assist with the integration of the Account Management group within Evident
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and outstanding presentation abilities.
- Strong listening skills and the ability to be open to new ideas from team members, coworkers, industry sources, and clients.
- Ability to manage several projects at once.
- A source of innovation, passion and creative vision.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other departments.
- Must have strong financial management skills.